New Scientist 11 steps to a better brain - Features: "There are lots of tricks, techniques and habits, as well as changes to your lifestyle, diet and behaviour that can help you flex your grey matter and get the best out of your brain cells. And here are 11 of them"
May 27, 2005
May 24, 2005
Science & Technology at Scientific American.com: Bring Back the OTA: "More than ever, those elected to govern are in need of timely, high-quality, impartial advice on matters of science and technology. Yet for nearly a decade now, one of the most successful agencies for providing just such advice--the Office of Technology Assessment (OTA)--has been defunct."
- Very Dynamic Web Interfaces [xml.com]
- XMLHttpRequest Introduction [sourceforge.net]
- An example [webpasties.com]
- Using the XML HTTP Request object [jibbering.com]
- Dynamic HTML and XML [apple.com]
- XMLHttpRequest API madness [aaronland.info]
- Sarissa [sourceforge.net]
- What kind of language is XSLT? [ibm.com]
May 11, 2005
[print version] Johnny can so program | CNET News.com No, Johnny's ability to program hasn't slipped. What has slipped, though, is his respect for our cherished major American institutions--industry, academia, Congress and, most sadly, the press.